Saturday, September 17, 2011

More than just family

I am now into my senior year of college and I am still living at home with my whole family. This doesn't seem that odd to me because most of my friends still live at home with their parents too. I suppose I'll move out eventually, but I'm in no hurry. This may make me sound like a girl who has no boyfriend, likes to hang out with her parents on Friday nights, and plays board games with the family for fun. And this would be completely true. =) I used to be a lot more concerned with my image and what people thought about me, but now I am coming to realize the most important things in life are right in front of me. My family has become one of my favorite groups of friends. Now, of course, I still have work friends, school friends and best friends that I enjoy hanging out with all the time, but if I ever find I'm at home on a weekend with nothing to do, it's perfectly fine with me because my family is there! I used to wish so badly that I had some friends to get an apartment with so I could move out. And, while that would be fun and I wouldn't mind doing that one day, I am in no rush to move out. I now realize that once I move out, I most likely won't move back in with my parents...EVER! So, since I've got the rest of my life to be on my own, I'm perfectly fine with living at home and enjoying the company of my family while we're all still living together. And that leads me to the point of this blog post. My family's birthdays are all very close together. My dad's- September 18; my mom's - September 27; my brother's - September 30; and my sister's - October 14. I have decided to write a blog post about each of them on their birthday, just describing how I feel about each one of them. I take so many things for granted and too often overlook the many blessings God has given me. God has blessed me with a wonderful family and I couldn't have hand picked a better one!

No comments:

Post a Comment