Wednesday, January 12, 2011

a new semester, a new year

Along with a new year, also comes a new semester of college: the second semester of my junior year. I can't believe I'm over half way through with college! I feel I have grown in so many ways since I first started college. Going off to Mobile to college my freshman year helped me learn how to be independent, but I also learned how much I loved my family and how important they are to me. I spent my second year of college trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life! The year 2010,however, I believe I grew more than any other. I learned how much I needed God in my life and how little I depended on Him before. I discovered that I will never experience true happiness unless I am following the Lord. As long as I am running from Him, I will always feel like something is missing. If I'm in the Lord's will, nothing else matters. Trust Him, and He does the rest. It's just that simple. Of course, that is easier said than done. I'm still learning that saying I trust in Him and truly trusting in the Lord are two completely different things. But when I do really trust in God and give Him the reins, He has never let me down. Now, as this new year has just begun, I am looking forward to what the Lord will do in my life as I begin to trust in Him more. I don't want to run from Him. I am going to start running TO Him from now on. And as fast as possible! I want to start living the life that God planned for me, because that is the best life. And I am going to really need His help this semester! I am taking 17 hours including the dreaded Spanish 2 and my clinical practicum! I have no earthly idea what I am doing, but I've got to start doing it on Tuesday when I have my first client! It's going to be a hectic and stressful semester to say the least. But I know the Lord will get me through it, just like He got me through last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment